Can you freeze brussels sprouts? Yes, you can. Brussel sprouts are members of the cabbage family. They are 1.5-4 cm in diameter and resemble a mini cabbage. They freeze really well.
If you have leftover brussels sprouts, freezing them is a great way to preserve their freshness. You can freeze them to enjoy later.
Freezing Brussels Sprouts
To freeze roasted brussels sprouts you would:
- The first step you need to do is wash the brussels sprouts and trim them.
- In a bowl mix the brussels sprouts with salt, pepper, and some oil.
- Next, you would preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the sprouts on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- After the sprouts are done cooking you would let them cool down completely.
- When they have cooled down then you would transfer them to containers or freezer-safe bags.
- Label them with the date so that you know when you froze them.
- Place them in the freezer to use later.
To freeze brussels sprouts you would:
- Wash the brussels sprouts well.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the water and blanch for about 5 minutes depending on the size of your sprouts.
It depends on the size of the brussels sprouts.
Small- 3 minutes
Medium- 4 minutes
Large- 5 minutes
- While the sprouts are blanching fill a large bowl with ice and water.
- When the 5-minutes are up then you would drain the water from the pot and place the brussels sprouts into the ice water. Cool them completely and then dry the brussels sprouts.
- After cooling them line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sprouts on the baking sheet.
- Put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours. After that time is done then you will remove them from the freezer and place them in containers or freezer-safe bags
- Label them so you know when you froze them and then place them in the freezer.
How Long Do They Last In The Freezer
Brussels sprouts can last up to 12 months in the freezer if stored properly.
Brussels sprouts don’t need to be thawed. You can add them directly to your dish to cook without thawing.
- Soak brussels sprouts in salt water to remove any insects.
- Immerse the sprouts in ice water after blanching.
10 Brussels Sprout Recipes
The first recipe shows you how to make the best sautéed-brussels sprouts. These brussels sprouts are caramelized on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Get this recipe on Well Plated.
2. Garlic Parmesan
Try this delicious garlic parmesan brussels sprouts. This dish is flavorful and tastes great. A quick recipe to make for dinner or holidays.
Get this recipe on Eat Well 101.
3. Creamy Parmesan
Here is another parmesan brussels sprouts recipe. This recipe is topped with a deliciously thick and creamy parmesan sauce. A perfect side dish to enjoy with any meal.
Get this recipe on The Recipe Critic.
4. Lemon Garlic
This recipe shows you how to make the best brussels sprouts. The brussels sprouts are combined with a delicious lemon garlic flavor. They are roasted to perfection and taste amazing.
Get this recipe on A Pinch of Healthy.
5. Blueberry Brussels
Brussels sprouts taste great in salads. In this recipe, you will learn how to make the best brussels sprouts salads. This salad is loaded with brussels sprouts, spinach, blueberry, avocado, and other tasty ingredients.
Get this recipe on Two Peas and Their Pod.
6. Brussels Sprout and Pasta
Whip up a batch of tasty pasta with brussels sprouts. This is a quick and easy recipe that combines pasta, brussels sprouts, cheese, and other ingredients. It is topped with a tasty black pepper sauce.
Get this recipe on Gimme Some Oven.
Make this easy and delicious brussels sprout casserole for lunch or dinner.
Get this recipe on Delish.
Warm-up with this delicious brussels sprouts soup. This recipe shows you how to turn brussels sprouts into a delicious creamy soup.
Get this recipe on The Spruce Eats.
9. Air Fryer
This recipe shows you how to make the best crispy brussels sprouts in the air fryer.
Get this recipe on The Kitchn.
10. Instant Pot
The last recipe on the list shows you how to make crispy brussels sprouts in the instant pot.
Get this recipe on All Recipes.
It is easy to freeze brussels sprouts. You can freeze roasted brussels sprouts or blanch them and freeze them that way. There are a variety of delicious recipes you can make with brussels sprouts.