Can you freeze alfredo sauce? Yes, you can. Alfredo sauce is a delicious white cream-based sauce that is made with butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
It tastes great poured over pasta noodles. Since this sauce is made of cream it is more difficult to freeze than other foods. But, you can still freeze alfredo sauce and have it taste great when you are ready to eat it later.
How To Freeze Alfredo Sauce
- The first thing you will want to do is gather all your ingredients so that you have everything you need close by and ready to use.
- Then you will follow the recipe instructions that you are using to make the alfredo sauce. Check out this easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe here.
- After the sauce is finished cooking, you will want to let it cool down.
- As soon as the sauce cools, you will want to prepare to freeze it. The faster you can get it to the freezer the better as you want to keep the sauce as fresh as possible.
- Next, you will get your container or freezer-safe bags ready.
- Fill the containers or bags with the alfredo sauce. Make sure to leave some space as the sauce will expand when freezing.
- Now seal the containers or bags. Label the bags with the date so that you know when you put them in the freezer.
- Place the containers or bags in the freezer.
How Long Can You Keep It In The Freezer
If stored correctly Alfredo sauce can last in the freezer for up to 3 months. Any longer than that and it will start to lose its taste.
Defrost the alfredo sauce in the fridge overnight. If you need to thaw more quickly you can place your bags in cold water and defrost them that way.
Once thawed out completely you can pour it into a saucepan and stir around well. Then reheat and enjoy.
- As soon as the sauce cools transfer to your freezer-safe containers or bags. You want the sauce to be as fresh as possible.
- Leave space in the bags as the sauce will expand when freezing
What To Serve With
There are many delicious recipes that you can make with alfredo sauce. Some ideas are:
Pasta- make a batch of pasta noodles and then pour the sauce over the pasta. This makes an easy quick meal for the family.
Pizza- ditch the regular pasta sauce and use alfredo sauce instead. It tastes delicious on pizza.
Pasta Bake- use the sauce in your pasta bake and then top with cheese.
Shrimp- it also tastes great with shrimp. You could also add the shrimp on top of your pasta and then pour the sauce on top.
Vegetables- you can mix the sauce with vegetables or make a casserole with the vegetables and mix in the alfredo sauce.
Lasagna- use the alfredo sauce in your lasagna. It tastes great this way.
Dipping Sauce- try it as a dipping sauce. I like to dip breadsticks into the alfredo sauce.
Freezing alfredo sauce is easy to do. You can whip up a batch of alfredo sauce and freeze it for later. Then thaw and reheat when you are ready. Enjoy the sauce over a delicious dish of pasta.